Re: Removing duplicate text

Wilfred Zegwaard wrote:
Dear users,

I've got a textfile with a lot of duplicate text. How do I remove it?
I'm using Emacs 21.

Wilfred

That seems like a very general question, and one which has a broad plethora of answers. I mean, you could do this in many editors, or if you want specifically to use Emacs, I'm sure it can be done, but I don't know...or, I think you could even use stuff like sed. I use tickle text for stuff like that, myself. It's not really a Debian specific question, though, so I wonder if your question would be more approriate on an Emacs list, or something.

bon courage,
/tony
--
http://www.photodharma.com