Re: KDE is now broken (Fwd: Heads-up: KDE4 hitting testing tonight (UTC) )

AG wrote:
lee wrote:
Hi!

Well, KDE is now broken after I updated today. I refuse to run a
mysql-server just to get KDE installed. It's already bloated more than
enough. I'm not using the applications that would require the
mysql-server anyway.

Will that be fixed?

When kdm starts, it says there's no greeting widget and I should check
the configuration. What configuration?

GH

There are a couple of minor issues right now, and having raised this on the KDE forum, it looks like this may be a Debian-issue rather than a KDE-issue: for whatever reason, I seem to have lost the game Ktron:

       sudo apt-get install ktron
       Reading package lists... Done
       Building dependency tree
       Reading state information... Done
Package ktron is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source
       E: Package ktron has no installation candidate

This isn't just about dependencies - it seems as if the package simply doesn't exist!

I've already raised the missing "total" column view in Kmail.

AG

Wouldn't you aptitude install kdegames
to get ktron?

/tony