Re: Re: keyboard mapping problem under X

Andrei Popescu wrote:
> changing /etc/default/console-setup should be enough, xorg.conf
> is ignored.

Aah.. That explains it.

> Restart hal, at least in theory.

Yes, in theory. In practice it may be different. I restarted it by
means of /etc/init.d/hal restart, and got some weird results.

It is also possible to make X ignore evdev altogether by setting
in the ServerFlags section of xorg.conf:

  Option "AutoAddDevices" "off"

Then you get the old behaviour back. xorg.conf again determines
what is going on. Of course without the benefits of evdev. But I
do not know what these benefits are anyway, so I do not miss them!

Regards, Jan