Re: Meaning of "score" when looking for package solutions

Hello !

I cannot answer to your question, but if your are effectively new to Debian,
getting familiar with it through the STABLE distribution (currently Lenny) is a good idea.

my 1 penny,
Jerome

Jason Filippou wrote:
Hello,

Being new to Debian and running Squeeze I'm curious as to what the "Score is x" line's supposed to mean when examining solutions to solve package dependences through aptitude. I noticed that the value of "x" may differ greatly from one solution to another.

I appreciate any input,

Jason

--
Jerome BENOIT