What hardware to use for Debian Firewall/Gateway or server?

Hi,

I have at my home a small network:
firewall/gateway: Pentium II Class PC box with 64 MB RAM, 5,1 GB HDD
server          : Pentium IV Class PC box with  2 GB RAM, 60 GB HDD
desktop         : Pentium IV Class PC box with  2 GB RAM, 2 * 320 GB HDD

On all these PC boxes run Debian GNU/Linux:
firewall/gateway: Etch
Server          : Etch
desktop         : Lenny

The firewall has a buggy hardware and can't to install on it Lenny so
I decide to buy a new hardware for firewall/gateway.

I think about that that I could to use the server box as a
firewall/gateway and the new PC box for the server..

What is the recommended new hardware for firewall/gateway or for a
web, mail, file & printer server at a small home network?

Any advices will be appreciated!

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi