Re: KDE is now broken (Fwd: Heads-up: KDE4 hitting testing tonight (UTC) )

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 01:06:03PM -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> In <[🔎] 20090521174259.GA7739@cat.rubenette.is-a-geek.com>, lee wrote:
> >I refuse to run a
> >mysql-server just to get KDE installed. It's already bloated more than
> >enough. I'm not using the applications that would require the
> >mysql-server anyway.
>
> Then don't install those applications.  Problem solved.

Yes, I removed them and now KDE is broken. I even tried to get just
konqueror back to use as a web browser, but that doesn't work without
the mysql-server :(

> >Will that be fixed?
>
> I hope so, as I would greatly prefer using sqlite or postgresql (both of
> which are already installed for my own reasons) rather than install a third
> RDBMS.

There should be options to use one or another RDBMS --- or none if you
don't want to.

> However, I do know that the KDE/Qt Debian Maintainers do not have the time
> to fix it, so you might mention it to upstream.

How do I do that? KDE4 would be nice to have if you can finally have
the sroll bars on the left ... If not, I don't really care.

GH