Re: Wu-ftpd problem

Hi,

[No top posting please, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOFU#Top-posting ]

On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 21:57 +0800, Jerry wrote:
> "Frank Lin PIAT" said
> >
> > On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 00:11 +0800, Jerry wrote:
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> I have installed the Wu-ftpd in Etch.  It works properly after
> >> configuration.  One thing strange is that it cannot display the files or
> >> folder by using the browser like the following link
> >> ftp://ftp.comp.hkbu.edu.hk
> >>
> >> When using the browser to access my own ftp, it shows the similar page as
> >> the above link but without the similar content inside (just a blank white
> >> page with the heading)
> >
> > I don't understand what's wrong.
> >
> > Do you login anonymously, or with your user account?
           ^^^^^
                You did not answer my questions above.

> Thank you for your reply.  Referring to the link provide:
> ftp://ftp.comp.hkbu.edu.hk
>
> If you browse this link by your browser, you can read the following:
> 05/07/2008 12:00AM              9 class
> 05/20/2009 09:12PM      ¥Ø¿ý pub
> My problem is that my ftp cannot display these information, do you know the
> problem.RegardsJerry

You should have a look at some other FTP servers which are either
simpler, or which have better documentation.

For a simple FTP server, "ftpd" might be a good choice.
For a complex FTP server, proftpd is one.

Since you seems new to FTP, I recommend the simple one (which is very
very likely to do what you want).

Franklin