Re: using debian dvd iso image with apt

Hi,
Il giorno mer, 20/05/2009 alle 08.55 +0200, Raffaele Morelli ha scritto:
-------------------------------------cut----------------------------

> Ok, but is your external hd ntfs formatted in order to store files
> greater than 4GB?

For this I'm not sure. My external hd is a vfat and ext3 formated and I
use "cp" for copy :-)

> or you do split dvd iso images and then rebuilt them on the hd (that's
> what I intended to do)?

Ok! The question is

> I have 3 debian boxes (two i386 and one amd64) which are not connected
> to the network so I usually do upgrades by downloading weekly
> generated dvd iso images, burning images to a dvd-rw and running
> apt-cdrom add && apt-upgrade.
>
> My question is: can I fool apt in order to avoid burning dvd-rw each
> week?
I know "jigdo". Jigdo take from a normal mirror all package and build
a .iso format. In "second round" jigdo read a your dvd-rw and take from
internet the new version package only and rebuild a new .iso :-)

> ciao to you too :-)
> -r
I'm sorry for my little english :-)

Ciao Genki ):o))