Re: Installing Lenny on LVM using debootstrap

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
In <[🔎] 4A125119.8030005@yahoo.com>, Marc Shapiro wrote:
I then chrooted into /mnt/debinst, again, and did:
	cd \dev
	MAKEDEV generic

Instead of this, since you have a running Linux system, I would suggest doing (from outside the chroot):
mount -o rbind /dev /mnt/debinst/dev

Thanks, that did it. The devices all show up now. I installed lvm2 in the chroot then exited and unmounted them from outside the chroot. After reentering, I was able to do a mount -a and everything looks as it should.

That is probably what I have done before, but the current docs only say that it can be done, not what the actual command is. They also recommend against it. I suppose that is because the base system is not guaranteed to be linux, but still...

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com