Re: BUG: ... kernel NULL pointer reference ... udevadm timeout

In-Reply-To=<20090322054558.GC13855@hamsu.tarvainen.info> (sorry my Yahoo-mail doesn't seem to support the in-reply-to field in the header).

Tapani,

I had exactly the same problem on a fresh Lenny install on an (old) Dell Latitude Cpi D266XT. The following worked for me:

add a line with "blacklist snd_cs4232" to the file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.

I think on my computer the linux/Lenny incorrectly loads the snd_cs4232 module where it probably should load the snd_cs4236 module and this leads to a 3 min. freeze. Am now in the midst of setting up sound according to http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=90869.

Good luck,
Bram