X problem after upgrade--help!

Hi. I just upgraded from testing to unstable, in order to get some updated packages I need.

X is now not working, and i dont know why. There are no useful messages in /var/log/Xorg.0.log, that i can tell--no errors are reported adn the only thing that looks bad is "SELinux: Disabled on system, not enabling in X server".

There are no useful messages in /var/log/messages.

In /var/log/gdm/:0.log I get an error "RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRIGetVersion failed to open the DRM" and then "[dri] Disabling DRI."; but then perhaps better, "Unhandled monitor type 0 after xf86InitialConfiguration" "Output LCD1 disable success". At the end of this log there is "/usr/bin/X: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libdri.so: undefined symbol: atiddxAbiDixLookupPrivate".

This is on a Lenovo Thinkpad T60, so the monitor should be supported. But when I look at my xorg.conf file, there's almost nothing there (i had an autogenerated file). When I try to rerun it with dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg, it gives me the same thing.

How can i get X working again?  This is crucial for my system! If theres more info i can give i"ll give it!

Thanks.

Jen.