[OT] Re: I can not set up postfix to send email through SSL-connection

Sthu Deus a écrit :
> Good day.
>
> I can not set up postfix to send email through SSL-connection (465). It
> works for plain connection (on 25 port) only.

465 (so called "smtps") is not standard, and is thus not supported for
sending (it is supported for receiving because old out[of]look versions
can't use the standard method, which is STARTTLS).

you should use the "standard" instead (STARTTLS command). see postfix
TLS README.

if you have a legacy server that doesn't support STARTTLS, either get
rid of it or use stunnel between postfix and that server. google for
more more infos. you can also check the postfix list archives.

follow up on the postfix list please.

> If You have any suggestion on what could be a culprit, I would like to
> know. I can provide any necessary information: logs and confs.

when you ask on the postfix list, provide the output of 'postconf -n'
(instead of main.cf).