Re: Internationalisation packages for KDE

On 2009-05-14 12:38 +0200, Brad Rogers wrote:

> I've been trying to find out why the KDE internationalisation packages
> are no longer available in testing.  Searches of Google have provided no
> useful info.  Similarly, searching debian.org revealed nothing.  Maybe I
> can't fathom the correct incantations.
>
> Does anyone know why?

They have been removed from unstable, since they are uninstallable and
superseded by kde-l10n-* packages for KDE 4 there, and testing followed
suit because no packages _depend_ on the KDE translations.  Since there
was no schedule for KDE 4 to enter testing, this action was certainly
premature.

Should not be a big problem though, as you can install kde-i18n-*
packages from stable.

Sven