lenny to squeeze dist-upgrade

I did a dist-upgrade on a machine running linux raid today and ran across an interesting situation. After the upgrade I rebooted and the 2.6.26-2-686-bigmem kernel failed to boot. It couldn't find /dev/md1( raid5 ) which is /root. There are two other linux raid devices on the machine. /dev/md0 is a mirror mounted as /boot. /dev/md2 is raid0 and is swap

From busybox I ran dmesg and found only 2 out of 4 drives for the raid 5 device had been found. Uninstalling dmraid solved the problem. BTW, the 2.6.26-1-686-bigmem kernel booted fine, even with dmraid installed. This seems to be a bug but I have no idea as to what software package to report this to. I don't know if this is a problem with the kernel in question, dist-upgrade, dmraid, or some combination thereof.