Re: How to start an user program automatically after logging on.

Allan Wind ? ?:
On 2009-05-12T14:16:43, J.Hwan.Kim wrote:
I'd like to know how to start a program automatically after booting.
For example, I wish to let "Mail Notification" program start
automatically after logging on.
Could you tell me the method?

Are you using KDE/GDM, or XFCE? Automatically starting programs is usually functionality that is invoked when you login, and the process depends on the window environment you use. XFCE has Sessions and Startup option in the settings manager (which ends up creating files in
~/.config/autostart).

/Allan
Thank you for reply.
I'm using GDM.