GDM login screen freezes after suspend or hibernate

Howdie, users!

I'm on a HP Compaq 6715b running Lenny and have just recently installed
the fglrx driver in order
to play some games. Interestingly enough, the laptop seems to be
running cooler now (50-55 C on average as opposed to 60-65 C with the
radeon driver). Well anyhow, with the fglrx driver an issue started to
show up: after a suspend to ram or a suspend to disk, it is impossible
to change users. The GDM login screen just freezes the computer
(impossible to move the mouse cursor, or to change to any of the
virtual terminals, or to ctrl-alt-delete). Nothing
is responding, the only thing I can do is shut off the power. I must
point out that suspend/hibernate work _per se_, as does GDM login _per
se_ (i.e. if the computer hasn't been suspended/hibernated after the
last clean boot). Resuming works great, letting me log into the accoun
where the suspend/hibernate was initiated, but if I then try to log
out, the GDM login just freezes the machine. I've
tried adding a file into /etc/pm/config.d containing the line

SUSPEND_MODULES="fglrx"

but doesn't seem to help a bit.

Where else should I look? Is there any log file that I should check?

Here's my /var/log/gdm:0.log if anyone can make anything of it...

<START SNIPPET>

X.Org X Server 1.4.2
Release Date: 11 June 2008
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux Debian (xorg-server 2:1.4.2-10.lenny1)
Current Operating System: Linux debian 2.6.26-2-amd64 #1 SMP Fri Mar 27
04:02:59 UTC 2009 x86_64
Build Date: 09 March 2009  09:53:09AM

	Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
Module Loader present
	(++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sun May 10 12:53:32 2009
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
(II) Module "ddc" already built-in
(II) Module "ramdac" already built-in
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2
> symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
SetGrabKeysState - disabled
SetGrabKeysState - enabled

</END SNIPPET>

TIA