Re: dist-upgrade to linux-image-2.6.26-2(Lenny5.0.0 to 5.0.1).Disk space question.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: dist-upgrade to linux-image-2.6.26-2(Lenny5.0.0 to 5.0.1).Disk space question.
- From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 21:31:03 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20090509193103.GA1837@fantomas.sk>
- Mail-followup-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090417023252.GA26094@debian-hp.lan> <email@example.com> <20090417045154.GB6999@debian-hp.lan> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> >> > Still I wouldn't think it would take 70 mb, but maybe I'm wrong... :)
> >> It's not only about the kernel image. The whole modules for the new kernel
> >> will be installed into your /lib/modules/2.6.26-2 directory. That will take
> >> much space.
> On 2009-04-17, Daniel Dalton <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Ah right, yes I know that, but still didn't think it was that much. Now
> > I think about it again, I guess it is.
On 17.04.09 06:49, Jeffrey Cao wrote:
> When I do "du -sh /lib/modules/2.6.26-2-686/", it reports 56M.
fnote% dpkg -s linux-image-2.6.26-2-686
... apparently he has installed other modules e.g. nvidia
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, firstname.lastname@example.org ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to this address.
Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT akukolvek reklamnu postu.
10 GOTO 10 : REM (C) Bill Gates 1998, All Rights Reserved!