Re: Encrypting incoming messages with GnuPG

* Harry Rickards <hrickards@l33tmyst.com> [2009-05-09 11:14:14 +0100]:

> I was wondering if anyone knew of a way, perhaps using /etc/aliases, so
> that all incoming mail addressed to my username (hrickards) is encrypted
> with *my* public key, so that when I read it only I can read it using
> *my* private key. If the mail was signed or encrypted beforehand, it
> could then be decrypted with my private key as usual.

Hmm.  So, we're looking at encrypting mails as they come in, prior to
disk write, in a format that you, and only you, can later decrypt them,
preferably using gpg.  I don't care why, it's an intereѕting problem.

Local storage remains secure.  At least that's what I think is the

Outside of using some disk encryption system like this:

I'd try to pipe the mail fetchmail, procmail (pipe to

Remembering procmail only functions as a gate, and does not write the
mail to disk until told to, and neither does fetchmail
(or getmail or retchmail).

script should be very simple:

gpg -e -r yourusergpgidhere themessage

Build from that command.

Trick is to not write to disk prior to encryption.