Re: Debian testing

On 05/09/09 13:23, 明覺 wrote:
> On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Paul Cartwright <ale@pcartwright.com> wrote:
>> I run lenny on my desktop, but I thought I'd try debian testing on a spare box
>> I have, but... I'm not quite sure how to install testing. on my desktop I
>> installed etch, and upgraded to testing, is that the best way, just install
>> lenny, and change the sources.list?
> another advice is to try gNewSense, a very cool distribution,
> http://www.gnewsense.org
>> --
>> Paul Cartwright
>> Registered Linux user # 367800
>> Registered Ubuntu User #12459
>> --

Seeing as he already uses Debian, and this is a Debian list, shouldn't
we try to keep him using Debian rather than telling him to use another
distribution. Although I suppose GNewSense is based on Ubuntu, which in
turn is based on Debian.

As to your original question, I'm not sure if it's the best way but it's
certainly the way I use. I've now used that method to upgrade from Etch
(oldstable) to Lenny (stable) on my server, Lenny (stable) to Sid
(unstable) on my main box, and Lenny (stable) to Squeeze (testing) on my
laptop. You might want to upgrade from Lenny (stable) to Squeeze
(testing) though, so you're not skipping any releases. I know that's the
reccomended way to do it in Ubuntu.

- --
Many thanks
Harry Rickards (a.k.a l33tmyst)

Version: 3.1
GAT/GCM/GCS/GCC/GIT/GM d? s: a? C++++ UL++++ P- L+++ E--- W+++ N o K+
w--- O- M- V- PS+  PE Y+ PGP++ t 5 X R tv-- b+++ DI D---- G e* h! !r y?
- ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)