Re: Debian squeeze (testing) dns problems
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Debian squeeze (testing) dns problems
- From: Hugh Lawson <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 07:40:09 -0400
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <czB7J-Sfemail@example.com> (Sven Joachim's message of "Fri\, 08 May 2009 18\:30\:19 +0200")
- References: <czxQz-3VOfirstname.lastname@example.org> <czB7J-Sfemail@example.com>
Sven Joachim <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> On 2009-05-08 14:28 +0200, Hugh Lawson wrote:
>> My newly installed squeeze has problems with DNS. Specificially, Emacs
>> gnus and evolution cannot reliably find their respective servers.
> This seems to be a libc6 problem, see bugs #516218¹ and #517360². You
> may want to upgrade the libc6 package to the version in sid -- but avoid
> version 2.9-11, it is broken as well³. Either install 2.9-10 or wait
> for 2.9-12.
Hugh again: Thanks to Sven and Bob for the help. I can work around this
problem by configuring these programs with the IP of their respective
servers. This works very well.