how to remove the package installed by "dpkg -i emacs23.deb"

I installed emacs23 by a deb file from my friend and the command
"dpkg -i emacs23.deb", it works fine but it changes my ctags to use
the emacs ctags, which is conflict with anjuta, which needs another
ctags, how could I uninstall the manually installed emacs23 and also
undo all the changes it made when installing? especially to change my
ctags back so that anjuta can run.
thanks

--
My platform is Gnu/Linux Debian-sid-amd64 Gnome Mozilla
Gmail/Evolution Gtkmm/Clutter Scim Totem Pidgin.