Re: emacs snapshot and inconsolata

On 2009-05-06 01:25 +0200, H.S. wrote:

> I am using emacs snapshot from
> deb http://emacs.orebokech.com sid main
>
> repo on a Debian Testing machine. I have observed that since the last
> several weeks, I am not able to select inconsolata as the buffer font.
> If I try to select inconsolata, the buffer font changes from 'fixed' but
> the appearance is not of inconsolata though there is some change.
> Inconsolata works properly in Konsole though.

When I try to select "Inconsolata Medium" from the font dialog, I get an
error:

Font not available: #<font-spec nil nil Inconsolata\ Medium nil nil nil
nil nil 12.0 nil nil nil ((:name . "Inconsolata Medium 12"))>

Inconsolata Italic works for me.

> Anybody else experiencing this? I am trying to see what could be the
> problem, emacs-snapshot, inconsolata or something else.

It seems that font selection in emacs-snapshot is currently broken.
When I choose Courier, I get Nimbus instead, the ugliest font mankind
ever invented. :-/
I've reported this upstream: http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/3228.

Sven