Re: [OT] netbook recommendation

On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 20:39:06 +0200, Leonardo Canducci (leonardo.canducci@gmail.com) wrote:

> I'd like to buy a netbook and install debian on it, of course. It should be:
> 1. cheap, light and small, otherwise no use for a netbook :)
> 2. linux friendly
> 3. usable (decent keyboard, 9" screen minimum)
> 4. with a decent battery life (3h is not enough)
> Most eeepc seem to be well supported and some have a good battery
> life. nc10 seems good but it's not cheap nor friendly. dell mini 9 is
> really cheap but has little battery and bradcom wifi. So... what would
> you recommend?

My NC10 is very friendly ;-)  Not quite sure what you mean but I agree
it is not the cheapest.  Currently running Debian squeeze on mine and
getting a genuine 6 hours of battery life.  The keyboard is excellent,
the touchpad less so.  Using 2.6.29 kernel for native support of the
wifi chipset.

Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.