Re: [OT] netbook recommendation

On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 20:39:06 +0200, Leonardo Canducci (leonardo.canducci@gmail.com) wrote:

> I'd like to buy a netbook and install debian on it, of course. It should be:
> 1. cheap, light and small, otherwise no use for a netbook :)
> 2. linux friendly
> 3. usable (decent keyboard, 9" screen minimum)
> 4. with a decent battery life (3h is not enough)
>
> Most eeepc seem to be well supported and some have a good battery
> life. nc10 seems good but it's not cheap nor friendly. dell mini 9 is
> really cheap but has little battery and bradcom wifi. So... what would
> you recommend?

My NC10 is very friendly ;-)  Not quite sure what you mean but I agree
it is not the cheapest.  Currently running Debian squeeze on mine and
getting a genuine 6 hours of battery life.  The keyboard is excellent,
the touchpad less so.  Using 2.6.29 kernel for native support of the
wifi chipset.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.