Re: Using UNRAR (create 1 iso from 19 archives)

On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 09:18:16AM -0700, Kelly Clowers wrote:
> On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 08:58, Felix Miata <mrmazda@ij.net> wrote:
> > On http://www.dvdboard.de/forum/showthread.php?t=121319 are links to 19 RAR
> > archives, plus md5, plus a .sfv file that contains a list of the 19 files
> > with what looks like checksums, that I downloaded. I am instructed there
> > only in German, which I do not read nor speak, to use Windoz to reconstruct a
> > service DVD required to fix my DVD recorder. Using 'unrar -l *.rar' I am told
> > 0 files (and only in volume 1). Using 'unrar -t *.rar' I am told
> > No files to extract. Using 'unrar -l pioneer_service.partNN.sfv' I am told
> > not RAR archive. Can anyone tell me how to extract an iso from these files
> > using Linux?

I believe there are 2 versions of unrar free and nonfree. the free ones
doesn't unrar all rar files, try and install the non free one

 apt-cache search rar | grep unrar
unrar-free - Unarchiver for .rar files
unrar - Unarchiver for .rar files (non-free version)

--
"We ought to make the pie higher."

	- George W. Bush
02/15/2000