Re: This TLD has no whois server.

same is the case with .cv domains
I think some of the domains just do not have a whois server
but as-long-as the entries for NS is in the root servers
the network communication still works.

On Sat, 2 May 2009, Thomas Hochstein wrote:

jidanni@jidanni.org schrieb:

I wanted to see the whois entry for qeqertarsuaq.gl
$ whois qeqertarsuaq.gl
This TLD has no whois server.

Perhaps this TLD has no whois server?

See <http://www.issociate.de/domain_eng_gl_Greenland.php>:
| Whois Server
| None listed.

But http://whois.domaintools.com/qeqertarsuaq.gl says
  Whois Server: whois.ripe.net

That may be plain wrong.

So why didn't we see something like
$ whois last.fm
This TLD has no whois server, but you can access the whois database at
http://www.dot.fm/whois.html

Because there is no such possibility to query a web database?

gwhois can query the whois web database for .fm; it tries to query a
web database at search.greennet.gl for .gl, but fails to do so.

Probably because
$ whois -h whois.ripe.net qeqertarsuaq.gl
%ERROR:101: no entries found

Yes. That means that domaintools.com is wrong.

All weird.
Anyways, what should
$ whois qeqertarsuaq.gl
really say?

Nothing, if there is no whois server for .gl.

-thh
--
/0\   ---  JOIN NOW!  ---
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign