Re: date man page

On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 15:12:24 +0000, T o n g (mlist4suntong@yahoo.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering where I can find the full man page for the date command.
> I've tried the followings,
>
>  date --help
>  man date
>  info coreutils 'date invocation'
>
> But neither give me the help for method that I'm using, ie.,
>
>  date -I and date -Isecond
>
> I now wonder where did I read that methods from. Am I using some hidden
> feature of date?
>
> Thanks

Take a look through /usr/share/doc/coreutils/NEWS.gz - it says
"date -I is no longer supported.  Instead, use date --iso-8601",
but also says "the old --iso-8601 (-I) option is deprecated; it still
works, but new applications should avoid it."

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.