Re: xorg (fglrx, radeon, radeonhd, vesa) not working after upgrade
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: xorg (fglrx, radeon, radeonhd, vesa) not working after upgrade
- From: Stefan Bellon <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 12:59:08 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <cwZga-4jQemail@example.com> <cwZga-4jQfirstname.lastname@example.org> <cwZga-4jQemail@example.com> <cwZga-4jQfirstname.lastname@example.org> <cwZga-4jQemail@example.com> <cwZga-4jQfirstname.lastname@example.org> <cwZga-4jQemail@example.com> <cx5bW-5fXfirstname.lastname@example.org>
Kelly Clowers wrote:
> Just for fun, you might try purging and reinstalling
> the drivers, then see what kind of results you get
> with this setup.
Yes, you are right. Because of the fact that not even the vesa driver
worked, I went that way and uninstalled all the fglrx related packages
and installed a distribution kernel instead of my self-compiled one. It
looks like having some of the fglrx packages installed is no longer
tolerated even when using another driver. This was no problem in the
But at least I now get a working X again with the radeonhd driver,
which is a good thing!
However, when starting googleearth, the whole machine freezes
completely, which is a sad regression. It worked flawlessly with the
Does anybody have a working googleearth with radeon or radeonhd? (Not
even mentioning something like enemy territory which worked with fglrx
but does not start with the radeon* drivers).