Re: xorg (fglrx, radeon, radeonhd, vesa) not working after upgrade

Kelly Clowers wrote:
> Just for fun, you might try purging and reinstalling
> the drivers,  then see what kind of results you get
> with this setup.

Yes, you are right. Because of the fact that not even the vesa driver
worked, I went that way and uninstalled all the fglrx related packages
and installed a distribution kernel instead of my self-compiled one. It
looks like having some of the fglrx packages installed is no longer
tolerated even when using another driver. This was no problem in the
past.

But at least I now get a working X again with the radeonhd driver,
which is a good thing!

However, when starting googleearth, the whole machine freezes
completely, which is a sad regression. It worked flawlessly with the
fglrx driver.

Does anybody have a working googleearth with radeon or radeonhd? (Not
even mentioning something like enemy territory which worked with fglrx
but does not start with the radeon* drivers).

Greetings,
Stefan

--
Stefan Bellon