Re: Nvidia driver and second screen

Micha Feigin schreef:
> On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:01:18 +0200
> Sjoerd Hardeman <sjoerd@lorentz.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I found out that second displays are no longer detected with the closed
>> source nvidia driver. Neither nvidia's nvidia-settings tool, nor xrandr
>> shows the second display. Also entering some monitor info directly into
>> xorg.conf hasn't solved my issues. Using the open source nv driver
>> works, but the video performance is then rather slow.
>> I tried the newest driver directly from nvidia, to no avail. Has anybody
>> else had similar problems? I filed a bug report at nvidia, but maybe
>> somebody on this list can help me too.
>>
>> Sjoerd
>>

> I'm not having any trouble, but as a start, what hardware (video card, laptop
> or desktop) and what driver from nvidia? Also just for the sake of
> completeness, what kernel?

Yes, of course, I need to mention that. I'm using a laptop with a nvidia
GeForce 8400M GS. I am running testing with kernel 2.6.26-2, compiled
for the amd64 architecture.
I am currently trying to connect a LG 22' flatscreen via HDMI, but
yesterday I also was not able to connect a beamer which worked well a
few months ago.

Sjoerd