Re: missing the initrd file in the kernel package

,----[ Manual page make-kpkg(1) ]
|  --initrd
|         If make-kpkg is generating a kernel-image package, arrange to
|         convey to the hook scripts that this image requires an initrd,
|         and that the initrd generation hook scripts should not short
|         circuit early. Without this option, the example initramfs hook
|         scripts bundled in with ker‐ nel-package will take no action on
|         installation.  The same effect can be achieved by setting the
|         environment variable INITRD to any non empty value.  Please note
|         that unless there are hook scripts in /etc/kenel or added into
|         the hook script parameter of /etc/kernel-img.conf.  no initrd
|         will be created.
`----

        So, drop in scripts in /etc/kernel/post{inst,rm}.d/ to
 create/delete the initramfs files. You can use yaird, or
 initramfs-tools. For the latter, there are example scripts that you
 could use as a starting point:
 /usr/share/kernel-package/examples/etc/kernel/post{inst,rm}.d/initramfs

        manoj
--
And then there was the lawyer that stepped in cow manure and thought he
was melting...