Re: KDE4 dual monitor window maximizing behaviour

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> In <[🔎] uPTGl.32674$Qh6.608@newsfe14.iad>, Lancelot du Lac wrote:
> >I can only join my voice to those who say this behavior is a pain.
> >Since this bug appears in 3.5.10, I'm currently pinning 3.5.9 for kwin.
> >(and I have to say it works well)
> >
> >However this much probably won't be possible once kde4 is uploaded into
> >testing.
> >I certainly hope this is fixed before the uploading of kde4 in
> >Squeeze.
>
> I use TwinView, including its fake Xinerama, and I'm not seeing the bug.  That
> said, I think I skipped from kwin in Etch to KDE 4.2 (initially from
> experimental).   I'm now on KDE 4.2 from unstable and maximizing to a single
> monitor works fine, as done dragging windows between monitors.

It is still broken, but less so than 3.5.10.  KDE4 seems to have some
split-brains problem.  Maximizing does work (restricts itself to one
viewport), but the thing doesn't seem to know it is working with a
Xinerama'ed display everywhere it should.  For one, it doesn't detect that
it has two viewports in many places, like the desktop manager...

  Henrique Holschuh