Re: error while loading shared libraries

Hi Andrzej,

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 03:34 +0200, Andrzej wrote:

> I just installed Lenny 64 and have problem with UPS software. There is no
> debs, but script for so called other distros. I run it and seems to be ok. But
> when I tried to run it i receive errror: "upsm: error while loading shared
> libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory".

Looks like the lib is there. Maybe the installed software is 32bit and
therefor needs a 32bit libstdc++.so.5? Use "ldd upsm" to view the needed
libs and file to determine the file type. Not installed per default, use
"apt-get install file"

Bye
Frank