Re: Hardware Firewall Suggestions

2009/4/28 Samuel Bächler <linux@boeser.ch>:
> Dear All
>
> I have 2 Computers behind a Firewall (currently D-Link DFL-200). Consider
> one of them having IP-address 192.168.1.10 and the other having
> 192.168.1.11.
> On both computers there is a ftp-server running. I want connect to the first
> by `foouser1@192.168.1.10:21', to the second by
> `foouser2@192.168.1.11:2121'.
> After fiddling around for some time I am wondering if my idea can be
> implemented using a D-Link DFL-200 Firewall.
>
> Did any of you configure successfully a Firewall the following way:
>
> - If request is on port 21 connect to ftp-server with IP-address
> 192.168.1.10
> - If request is on port 2121 connect to ftp-server with IP-address
> 192.168.1.11
>
> If yes, whats the name of it and is there a sound howto about it?
>
> Looking forward to your inputs.
I think your D-link router should support the function of redirection,
it might be named virtual server, you setup the port of the incoming
request, and its intented server ip, then it will works. For example,
you setup incoming requests with port 21 to be directed to
192.168.1.10, with port 2121 to be directed to 192.168.1.11, port 80
to the ip of your web server.