Re: Desktop Search Engines

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 09:43, Rick <rick0009@gmail.com> wrote:
> What would be a good choice, for a desktop search engine,
> since have TB of Music and Video, and GB of .pdf files,
> would like to index all, including metadata...

I have not used any of them extensively, but from playing around
with Beagle and Tracker, I prefer Tracker. Tracker is supposed
to be lighter on resources than Beagle.  Tracker also does not
depend on Mono, if you care about that sort of thing.

Another option is Strigi, which has community connections to
KDE (but it does not have KDE or QT dependencies).
Unfortunately, there seems to be a lull in Strigi development right
now.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers