Re: web monitoring tool?

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 08:58:47AM -0500, Stackpole, Chris wrote:
> [...]

Well I don't find it very complex plus there are a lot of sample scripts
and cfg files around on the net.

> > I just want a simple monitor that will graph cpu, memory, disk, etc.
>
> I use Zabbix and I love it.
> http://zabbix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=howto:installing_zabbix_on_debian

Well Zabbix is not what I would call simple or lightweight. Still a very
usefull tool. I use it at $workplace to monitor some boxes and network
equipment.

At home or standalone systems I'm still using mrtg, mrtg-rrd (cgi script)
with thttpd and some small shell scripts. Compared to a complete zabbix
installation I'd call it rather simple.

My configuration is here
http://sven.stormbind.net/debian/alix/mrtg-scripts.tar.gz
and looks like this