Re: KDE4 dual monitor window maximizing behaviour

Hi again,

Stephen, I could not get the configuration to work. If I use the
ServerLayout that you postet, the second monitor stays black.

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> Section "ServerLayout"
>         Identifier      "TwinView"
>         Screen  0       "Default Screen (TwinView)"
>         Option  "Xinerama"      "off"
>         InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
>         InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
> EndSection

If I insert a reference to another screen Section (one
of the two I used before), I get back my second monitor,
but I still cannot maximize a window to one monitor
and everything is as bad as it was before.

What am I doing wrong?

Here's my new ServerLayout and the Screen Section I
additionaly refered to:

Section "ServerLayout"
  Identifier      "TwinView"
  Screen          "rightScreen" 0 0
  Screen  0       "Default Screen (TwinView)"
  Option  "Xinerama"      "off"
  InputDevice    "StandardKeyboard" "CoreKeyboard"
  InputDevice    "logitechOpticalMouse" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "rightScreen"
    Device         "nvidiaDevice"
    Monitor        "samtronMonitor"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "NoLogo" "false"
    Option         "TwinView"
    Option         "NoTwinViewXineramaInfo" "false"
    Option         "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "28-95"
    Option         "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "50-160"
 #   Option         "MetaModes" "1280x960,1280x960"
    Option "MetaModes" "1280x960, 1280x960; 1280x960, NULL ; 1152x864, NULL
; 1024x768, NULL ; 800x600, NULL ; 640x480, NULL"
    Option         "CursorShadow" "true"
    Option         "RandRRotation" "true"
    Option         "TwinViewOrientation" "LeftOf"
    Option         "ConnectedMonitor" "crt,crt"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
        Modes      "1280x960" "1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600"
    EndSubSection
EndSection

# This is the other screen, taken from your former post

Section "Screen"
  Identifier      "Default Screen (TwinView)"
  Device          "nVidia 8800 GTX (TwinView)"
  DefaultDepth    24
  SubSection "Display"
          Depth   24
  EndSubSection