Fw: Help with Install/GRUB

I'm trying to install on a Core2Duo with this:
debian-501-amd64-netinst

The two disk drives are SATA Seagate 500 Gigs and Sata Intel SSD 32 Gigs.

I boot off CD and install over network which works fine.
It asks if I want to install Grub and saves it's safe since it's the
only OS.
I say yes and it installs without error (this is ONLY going to be
running Debian, no other OSes, no dual booting).

CD is removed and it is removed. It has

Boot:
F1: Linux
F5: Drive 1

Default: F3

I've tried hitting F1, F3, F5 and Enter. In all cases it goes to:
GRUB

and at that point the entire system locks up. I waited over an hour
(went to get something to eat) and was still stuck at GRUB.

I've ran WinXP and Vista on this computer. They both work PREFECT and
boot fast and without errors.
I update my BIOS firmware and that didn't help.

Any ideas? (besides reinstalling windows, haha).

maybe this can help: http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/restore-debian-linux-grub-boot-loader.html

--

Best,

Jozsef