Re: Creating passwordless account in Lenny

Dne, 23. 04. 2009 17:53:08 je Klistvud napisal(a):
> Dear Debianites,
>
> is there any guru out there who can instruct me how to temporarily
> disable
> passwords (or allow zero-length passwords), so that I can create two
> passwordless accounts for my pre-school kids? Editing /etc/pam.d/
> common-passwords apparently doesn't cut it...
>
> Thanx.
>
> --
> Certifiable Loonix User 481801
>

> --

Hmm, maybe I wasn't too clear. What I want is my kids to just have to
click (or double-click) their pictures on the gdm login screen to
access their desktops. I've tried to set passwd -d and the command does
delete their passwords (their passwords become empty), but gdm won't
let them log in none the less (the OK button stays greyed-out until you
actually type
in some characters). Maybe there's a setting for making gdm allow zero-
length passwords?

--
Certifiable Loonix User 481801