Re: wput file

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:12:28AM +0200, Erik Xavior wrote:
> Hi
> I'm trying to put a file to an ftp site:
>
> wput -v file.txt ftp://USER:PASSWORD@foo.com/public_html/pub/
>
> file.txt is just a normal plain text file.
>
> But it says:
>
> parse-error in escaped character:  is not a hexadecimal character
>
> and it doesn't uploads the file :S
>
> what am I missing?
>
> Thank you for any answer
>
> My aim is to put a file to an ftp server [it would be better, if i could do
> it in real time, or like in every 10-30 seconds]

try using quotes around the ftp address, like

 wput -v file.txt 'ftp://USER:PASSWORD@foo.com/public_html/pub/'

I am guessing that some characters in the ftp address is being viewed
by your shell as an escape character (which is usually \ and is not
present there) but the '' should disable that.

HTH

Oli