Re: internet using reliance zte cdma MG880 modem in debian 5.0

Hi, I'm sorry for my English :)
Il giorno mer, 22/04/2009 alle 20.27 +0530, Vivek Sahukar ha scritto:
> hi,
> I tried to connect to internet using reliance zte cdma MG880 modem in
> debian 5.0 using kppp.
> i gave the modem location as /dev/ttyS0.

May be :)
http://kagashe.blogspot.com/2008/11/zte-mg880-cdma-usb-modem-on-puppy-linux.html
or
http://drlinux.baliwae.com/topic.php?id=188
or
http://anshumanpandey.wordpress.com/2009/01/10/using-reliances-zte-mg-880-usb-modem-in-ubuntu/
or
http://prithisd.blogspot.com/2007/12/reliance-zte-cdma-1x-mg880-working-with.html

> the modem was recognized but it showed "the modem is busy" when it
> tried to connect to the internet.
>

> i also tried through command line as i used to do in fedora 8.0.
> i wrote the required script in /etc/wvdial.conf; ran "modprobe
> usbserial vendor=0x19d2 product=0xfffd" and "dmesg" on command line.
> after that when i wrote "wvdial", it said "command not found".
>
> plz help me to configure my modem properly.
>
> thnks,
>
> vivek
Ciao Genki ):o))