Re: Windows effects on Debian (Gnome)

You can try using compiz, or if you want a simpler (and most times
faster) approach, you can use xcompmgr (aptitude install xcompmgr).
Running "xcompmgr -cfCF" for example on a terminal as user will enable
some effects. See also "man xcompmgr". If you like xcompmgr you can
later add it to autostart in gnome sessions.