Re: mysterious pdf file won't be printed, all others will!

Norbert Zeh wrote:
> [...]

Try

$ pdftk your-funny.pdf burst output testfix.pdf

which will try to 'repair' any errors of the file.

Another thing to try is to convert it to postscript and try to print that.

$ pdftops in.pdf

How was the pdf created (which program)? What (if any) messages do the
above commands yield?

> What paper format does the file use?  I've had printers refuse to print
> files that used odd page sizes (such as Springer online files).  If the
> paper size is odd, there should be a way to scale it to letter size,

Or A4, if you don't happen to live in one of the rare countries that
won't use ISO standards.

Cheers,
Johannes