Re: Software raid OK?

Le Monday 20 April 2009 11:44:31 BAGI Akos, vous avez écrit :
> Hi List!
>
> I installed a software raid, level1 with 3 disks, one of them is a spare.
>
> I have 2 partitions:
> md0 is for / and is made of sda1,sdb1, sdc1
> md1 is for swap and made of sda2,sdb2, sdc2
>
> - I can boot form both disks,
> - the system works fine.
> - mdstat says the raids are active
> - mdmadm --detail seems to be fine ( Superblock is persistent )
>
> However
> mdadm -E says: no md superblock detected on /dev/md0

mdadm -E handles RAID components, not the resulting RAID device.
You can have informations with "mdadm -E /dev/sda1" for example.
To see the state of your RAID device, you can do :
$ cat /proc/mdstat
or
$ mdadm --details /dev/md0

> and
> fdisk -l says: no valid partition table found on md0

fdisk handles disks, not partitions.
md0 = RAID of sda1,sdb1,sdc1 partitions = a partition, with a filesystem on it.

> Is the raid OK or not?
> If not, how can I fix it?

No problem with your raid.