Re: How long will updates to Etch be available?

Siju George wrote:
Hi,

I understand that Once a release is made updates to the previous release will be made for an year more. Will Etch be actively maintained or should I upgrade to Lenny as soon as possible?
Only security updates will be made to Etch, for still nine more months. Yet, as Lenny is stable now, it also won't get new features. I don't think it is wise to run Etch when the security support ends, so upgrading before January 2010 seems sane to me. Yet, of course do take time to plan and test your update cycle appropriately, don't wait until the last day.

Sjoerd