Re: gamin or fam

Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> writes:
> I have noticed with the new xfce that it recommends gamin, which is
> better gamin or fam ?
>
> and should I really care !

Gamin is, I believe, simpler.  It also doesn't fail miserably on AFS
(unlike fam in my last experience with it).

If you're just running on a local system, I doubt you will notice much
difference; I'd probably still go with Gamin, though, out of personal
preference to skip the system daemon.

- Michael

--
mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
Confused by the strange files?  I cryptographically sign my messages.