Re: PXE boot debian-installer

[Emanoil, sorry for the duplication]

Hi,

just quick-read this thread. I did this recently on my home lan,
following this article[1]. A few notes:

- tftpd runs through inetd, good to know when troubleshooting (i ran
mine standalone);
- it's obvious, but open port 69 on your firewall;
- you can unzip one single image instead of editing text-files [2], what i did.

On my home net i just disconneted my host computer from my router and
conneted it to the pxe-client; then configured the dhcp server. This
was easier for me since my router is not that flexible on dhcp and
pxe.

HTH,
Nuno Magalhães

[1] http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/478
[2] http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/478#comment_23

/\  ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto