Re: No backports for Lenny?

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 03:21:15 +0000 (UTC)

> Good day.
>
> I looked at the backports mirrors list and found there not lenny -
> only URLs for sarge. Is there an URL for Lenny?

Yes.  I recently obtained OpenOffice.org 3.01 from there.  Find the
repository below.

deb http://www.backports.org/debian lenny-backports main contrib
non-free

Backports does not operate in the same fashion as other repositories.
See http://www.backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=instructions

> Also, do the backports and testing exclude one another - I mean should
> I use them both or only one of them?

I'm not actually sure, but I would guess that if you've moved onto
squeeze, that it doesn't make a huge amount of sense to have lenny
backports.  As time goes on I'm guessing the two won't be compatible.

Mark