Re: any software for 3D surfaces visualization in debian sid?

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 12:09:52 -0400
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <raju.mailinglists@gmail.com> wrote:

> Star Liu wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for a free software which can draw 3D picture if I setup
> > mathmetical equations and specify its scope, it's an important part of
> > my current project. thanks!
> >

> Check out open DX (open source), tecplot (commercial) as well.
>
> raju

octave (a matlab clone, mostly compatible in syntax)
scilib (similar in idea but different syntax)
I think that gnuplot should also be relevant.

for drawing from within a c/c++/fortran program look at plplot and possibly mathgl