Re: clean up the laptop body/keyboard

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 01:33:38AM -0300, Hashimoto wrote:

> What kind of product do you suggest to use to clean up my laptop body
> and keyboard ?

To be explicit: other than the screen.

I've always started with air, then a damp cloth.  The owner's manuals
for plastic electronic things generally say not to use anything else.

My next step has been to figure out what the dirt is and from that
determine what cleaner to use.

The problem is that key markings are often chemically similar to the
dirt.

Another problem is that cleaners that don't require rinsing often rely
on alcohol to dry; alcohol may be bad for the plastic.  However, not
rinsing a cleaner that requires it leaves the surface sticky and prone
to getting dirty.

What kind of dirt is on the laptop body and keyboard?

Doug.