[SOLVED] Re: dpkg error

Hi Javier,

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009, Javier Barroso wrote:

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Faheem Mitha <faheem@email.unc.edu> wrote:

[snip]

It seems like /var/lib/dpkg/available is corrupt ? Does aptitude update help ?

If not,  'dpkg --clear-avail' , could help.

Thanks for the reply. I got some help on IRC and dealt with the problem. The recommended approach was to remove /var/lib/dpkg/available and run dselect update which regenerates it, which worked. Maybe aptitude update would work too.

I should have posted to the list saying this query was resolved. Sorry.

                                                 Regards, Faheem Mitha.