GTK+ apps crapflood my console after hibernate

This has been happening for quite a while... whenever I thaw X from
hibernation and open any GTK+ app from console, all X events in the
GTK+ app crapflood my console with errors like these:

   (emacs22-gtk:13958): atk-bridge-WARNING **: failure: no device
event controller found.
   (mysql-query-browser:14038): atk-bridge-WARNING **: failure: no
device event controller found.

and so on. It goes away if I zap X. Is there a better fix? Googling
for this error talks about more severe symptoms for other people, but
everything works here. My sound is fine, all of my hardware is working
fine, X events just crapflood my terminals. What's going on?

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.